Pedestrian and Operator Forklift Safety Tips for the Warehouse
Whether you have forklifts in your warehouse or are looking for forklifts for sale or forklifts for rent for your warehouse, it is important to prioritize safety. A lot of warehouse accidents are related to forklifts and it is only through safety training and procedures are a vital part of every warehouse operation. Pedestrians and forklift operators need to be alert to the possible dangers that lurk at every corner and engage in practices that promote safety. To help, here are some tips for pedestrians and forklift operators.
- Environmental awareness is very important for forklift operators as a way to promote safety. Here are some handy tips for forklift operators.
- Always look in the direction the forklift truck is moving and avoid any motion when there is negligible visibility.
- Use alarms and drive slowly when entering and leaving warehouse aisles. Do the same when approaching crosswalks and intersections.
- Always give pedestrians the right of way whenever they cross your path and only proceed with caution.
- Avoid driving close to people if there is ample space. Always ask them to move before proceeding.
Pedestrians also need to have environmental awareness and keep alert to the movements and sounds of forklifts working around them.
- Always make eye contact with forklift operators to make sure they are aware of your presence.
- When available, use dedicated walkways for pedestrians
- Always be alert to forklift sounds such as the horn
- Always stay clear of forklifts that are in operation as the operators’ attention is primarily towards the work they are doing.
- Forklifts are not designed to stop immediately. This means you need to give them an allowance to come to a stop gradually.
Make sure that safety practices are inculcated into the workforce and safety signs are posted in all the relevant places and in the right format. Operators must also attend routine refresher courses to make sure they stay on top of their game and also capture new knowledge and skills.
Talk to Accurate Forklift
If you are looking for forklifts for sale, forklift parts, forklift service or just in need of forklift rental for a special requirement, Accurate Forklift has got you covered. We offer popular forklifts from all the top brands such as Toyota, Nissan, Hyster, and Caterpillar. Call us today at 770-692-1455 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are the home of everything forklift!Tags: forklift parts, forklift rental, forklift service, forklifts for rent, forklifts for sale