Forklift Maintenance Tips for the Start of a New Year
For companies that use forklifts every day, there is sometimes a dilemma on whether to buy or rent a forklift. When investing, your own forklift may be good for a company which needs it all the time, the flip side might be true for those that use the equipment every once in a while. If you use different types of forklifts to complete different tasks, you are also better off renting one. Many entities end up feeling cheated after renting out forklifts that are not in good condition, overpriced, or simply unsuitable for the job at hand. Forklifts that lack proper servicing break down numerous times and the rental company takes long to replace it, leaving you with unsustainable downtimes. Next time you go searching for a forklift for rent, consider the following:
- Get a dealer with a wide range of clean, well serviced lift trucks, so that even when you need a different kind of forklift they can easily exchange it for you, with some adjustments in the rental fee. This is advantageous when the forklift you are using breaks down, they can easily replace it.
- Ensure that your forklift dealer has a fully equipped forklift service shop with experienced technicians who can be dispatched to fix any faulty machine on site. In case of small faults they should not delay you from achieving your daily target.
- What is the range of the load your forklift is expected to carry? You must be clear about this one so that you get a forklift which can manage the job you need it to do.
- What kind of environment are you working in? Whether indoors or outdoors, rough or smooth terrain, it should be specified. This will help the dealer give you the right forklift. Else if you get a forklift which is meant to work in warehouses for an outdoor job, it might easily get damaged.
- How long would you like to use the forklift? Decide depending on the nature of your operation, how long you will need the forklift. Though renting for a short time might be quite pricy, most dealers have different reasonable rates to customers who rent a machine for an extended period of time.
- Be clear about the rental contract. Be sure that your dealer will be the one to service and maintain the lift trucks. Ask if they will give you an operator or you will need to get one by yourself.
- Finally, inspect the forklift before it is moved to the site. Take note of any faults and inform the dealer about them. If you are not comfortable with the truck request a replacement.
There are a number of seasoned forklift leasing companies in the Atlanta area that boast extensive fleets featuring different makes and models. Go for one that provides a reputable service with reasonable rental rates, to make the most out of the machinery.Tags: forklift for rent, forklift service